This is more fiddly than the existing method of copying movies, but it is also quicker – so if you’re in a rush and happy to get technical, this may be the approach for you.
Things you need
- The paid version of VLC Streamer
- Version 1.34 or later of VLC Streamer
- A way to add files to the sd card on your Android
Steps to copy a movie
- Add the movie the the VLC Streamer helper.
- Wait until the movie is 100% processed
- Open the settings tab in the helper and click on ‘Open working folder’
- You’ll find a folder in there for each converted movie
- Open the sd card for your Android and you’ll find a folder called ‘VLCStreamer’
- Drag the complete folder for the converted movie into VLCStreamer
- Wait for it to copy, then launch VLC Streamer.
Remember that normally you don’t need to do any of this. If you’re streaming in your house, then just pick a movie and stream it.
If you want to copy a movie over for when you are away from home, then this may help.